Sign up to receive my newsletter







Sunday, May 22, 2011

Small Business Spotlight: Exclusive Cakes


1. Your name, business name, where you're located and areas you serve
My name is Tessa Selch and I am the Owner of Exclusive Cakes.  We are an online based business at this time and service the Tri-Cities and surrounding areas.  We hope to have as store front with in the next year!

2. How long have you been in business, and what got you in to the cake business?
I have been making cakes for over 15 years!  I decided to get my business license a few years ago and started to turn my hobby/passion into a business!  My Mom made cakes when I was a little girl and I was her helper in the kitchen, but mainly her taste tester!!  My sisters and I always had the coolest birthday cakes and our friends were always amazed that our Mom could make something so cool!  When I had children of my own I started making their birthday cakes and eventually was making all of my kids' friends birthday cakes too!  Then I was making wedding cakes for friends and for friends of friends and that referral process is really what got me started!



3.  What is your most popular request?
I wouldn't say that I have a "popular" request.  All of my cakes are made to order, and they are specifically designed for the customer.  Unlike other bakeries we don't have a template for our cakes.  We make anything, any size, any style or design.  We do sculpted cakes or 3D cakes, we make edible characters for our cakes out of fondant and modeling chocolate.  So not only are they really cool, but they are really tasty!!
  

4.  What is the most unusual cake project you've done?
So by request I made a specialty adult cake for a friend for her husband birthday!  After this one cake we received a ton of adult specialty cake requests for bachelor and bachelorette parties, even a Passion party!  



5.  Do you taste test?  ;o)
Of Course!!!  We get a lot of special requests for flavors that we do not have on our flavors list online.  We are always willing to try to accommodate, so most recently we had a request for a pineapple and strawberry combination.  Which turned out delicious and now we are adding it to our flavors list!


6. You obviously do cakes for weddings, but could my birthday babies pick up a cake for their cake smash session from you? :)
Absolutely!  We can make buttercream cakes for a cake smash session!  Since our cakes are made to order customers can utilize our 'contact us' page on our website at www.exclusivecakesbytessa.com or call us to order at (509) 460-8507.  



(509) 460-8507





0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Services I Offer:

~ Maternity
~ Infant/Newborn
~ Babies/Toddlers
~ Children/Teens
~ Senior Photos
~ Families
~ Engagement/Couples
~ Business
~ Special Occasion
~ Pets
~ Small Weddings


Call or email for more information!

Photographer E-Newsletter







  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP