Sign up to receive my newsletter







Friday, April 8, 2011

{{DIY}} Canvas hand prints

Have you heard of Pinterest?  It's kind of like a giant cork board where you can 'pin' anything you want!  Watch out though, if you sign up, it can be a major time suck =)

Anywho, reason I mention it is that I have a 'DIY' board, that I pin all this fun DIY (do-it-yourself) stuff on.  I pinned a photo of four canvases with hand prints from all four family members.  The photo I pinned was actually a kit you could buy to make them yourselves, seen here.  Well pfft!  I could make that myself!  Only, I wanted to make them in B&W to go on our living room wall with the rest of our B&W images.  So here's what I did!

Bought a pack of two 12x12 canvases from Big Lots for $5.  (I also bought small ones for their rooms)


Coated the front with black acrylic paint.  I left the sides white to create illusion and depth.

Painted their little hands white and printed them right in the middle.  I took a silver sharpie and wrote their name, age and date on one of the sides.

Here are their 'color' prints for their rooms :)

After doing some rearranging, this is our new wall display.  I personally LOVE it!

So I LOVE my new personalized wall art.  I have plans, eventually, to get Dad's and my own prints up there as well.  Give it a shot!


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Services I Offer:

~ Maternity
~ Infant/Newborn
~ Babies/Toddlers
~ Children/Teens
~ Senior Photos
~ Families
~ Engagement/Couples
~ Business
~ Special Occasion
~ Pets
~ Small Weddings


Call or email for more information!

Photographer E-Newsletter







  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP