Sign up to receive my newsletter







Sunday, September 6, 2009

{{tips}} 5 tips for your session

As a photographer, I know what I do to prepare for a session, but I also know what my clients should do to help us together acheive a great session! Here are my 5 general tips to help with a great session!


1~ Schedule your session a few weeks in advance. If you're looking to have a custom photographic experience, you'll find photographers will often not have an available time for the next few weeks. If you need a special session, such as a 1st Birthday or a Newborn session, or a family session for those holiday cards, schedule in advance so you don't miss out on the opportunity. Scheduling in advance also takes some stress off both you AND the photographer.


2~ Plan your outfit(s)! As a Mom, I know I had at least two outfits picked out for a few weeks before I even scheduled my kids' sessions =) Be prepared with an additional outfit just in case something happens, and also to capture more of your style and personality. This is even more important when you are photographing more than one person. For example, family of 6 has a session for their holiday photos, and no one has anything that works together! To lessen the stress the few days before your session, plan out your outfit! {{and we all know newborns don't need to worry about any clothes at all}}


3~ Know what to expect and what's expected of you. If you're choosing custom photography, be sure to know your photographer's style. Right now, there are a lot of different styles out there. As a photographer, I know I will get photos the families love if they chose me because they loved my style. And you know that you will get photos you adore because you chose your photographer because of their style.


4~ Be prepared! Use those weeks after you schedule your session to get prepared. Have clothes
ready to go, prep any family members as to what to expect the day of photos, have the car loaded and ready to go if you're taking anything to be in the photos, have snacks and diapers and wipes and gameboys ready to go!


5~ HAVE FUN! I really can not stress this one enough! If you're not having fun, it will show through in your photos. If things aren't going well, pause, take a time out, regroup. If things really aren't going well, see if you can reschedule. After all, these will be your treasured memories and we want them to be of a pleasant experience =0)

Now schedule that session!!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Services I Offer:

~ Maternity
~ Infant/Newborn
~ Babies/Toddlers
~ Children/Teens
~ Senior Photos
~ Families
~ Engagement/Couples
~ Business
~ Special Occasion
~ Pets
~ Small Weddings


Call or email for more information!

Photographer E-Newsletter







  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP